|9th January 2017, 18:04|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanked 1,238 Times in 276 Posts
Folder with landscape and portrait pics - merge only portrait ones?
I have a folder with hundreds of pictures. Most pictures come in landscape format, but some have an upright format. What I need to do is go thorugh this folder and
1. Leave all pictures in landscape format as they are
2. For every picture in upright format, I want it to be merged with the next (alphabetical order) picture in upright format, so they make one picture in landscape format. Different resolutions should be adjusted to the larger resolution in possible (upscaling the smaller picture appropriately before merging)
What I tried so far is the Batch-Processes of XnView, ThumbsPlus and IfranView. Didn't work as hoped, because they simply lack the options and you have to select file manually, there's no "recognition-mechanism" in these Batch-Modes.
I'm afraid without scripting or coding in some way, this is not possible in a time-efficient way with Batches.
Has anyone ever faced a similiar problem and/or might lend me a hand with this? I guess for someone avid in python or similar this is not a big challenge, but I'm a little clueless here...
[2015.11] New porn organizing tool out: julesx' Pornganizer 220.127.116.11, preview here
|9th January 2017, 20:10|
Join Date: May 2016
Thanked 33 Times in 12 Posts
1. Create "portrait" folder
2. Using explorer select portrait pics:
left click 1st pic to highlight, then ctrl + left click subsequent portrait pics either individually or wipe a group of pics to highlight them. Keeping your mouse on a highlighted pic, right click, cut & paste the highlighted pics to the "portrait" folder.
3. I found that working from the bottom of the source folder works best for me.
4. As always, try it first with a couple of dummy folders to get the hang of it so you cannot mess anything up seriously.
Yes, it is a bit clumsy but it works.